Universidad Católica de Valencia

Course Description

  • Course Name


  • Host University

    Universidad Católica de Valencia

  • Location

    Valencia, Spain

  • Area of Study


  • Language Level

    Advanced, Taught In English

    Hours & Credits

  • Credits

  • Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
  • Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
  • Overview

    * Please note that internships are not gauranteed. English placements are very limited, and vary from semester to semester.

    Students will work 12 hours per week for 3 credits. The time may be spent on a single project or on a variety of tasks agreed upon by the School of Science Intern Coordinator and the supervisor. Students will be required to keep a log of their activities and to prepare a summary report of their experience at the end of the semester. In order to be considered for an internship. Students will need to provide ISA with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience, and what kind of internship you are hoping to have in Valencia.

    For students with an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish conversation and comprehension, the follow placements are available: UCV Health Clinics, Oncology Hospitals, Education, Speech Therapy, Special Education and Psychology, Podiatry, and Physiotherapy. A lot of these placements also have internships available in English, those which are bolded.

    Students who are interested in pursuing an internship placement must apply for an FBI background check. It can take about 14 weeks for an FBI background check to be processed, so we recommend that you use an official Channeler at an extra cost as to cut down on wait times and help move the process along much quick. You can see the list of approved Channeler's on the FBI website here.

Course Disclaimer

Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.

Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.

ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.