Medical and Surgical Specialities
Universidad Católica de Valencia
Area of Study
Health Science, Pre-Dental, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing
Taught In English
Recommendations: Set out below some of the competencies that students should possess before beginning the course:
• Knowledge of human anatomy and Physiology bases
• Manage bibliographic sources
• Possess skills to search for useful information on the network and access to evidence-based medicine databases
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
1. Know the general sick, heal and repair processes among which include infection, inflammation, bleeding and coagulation, healing, trauma and alterations of the immune system, degeneration, neoplasm, metabolic alterations and genetic disorders.
2. To know the general pathological characteristics of the diseases and disorders that affects the organic systems.
3. Know the oral manifestations of systemic diseases.
4. Understand and handle emergencies and the most frequent medical emergencies frequently asked dental practice and basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques.
5. Have appropriate knowledge of human nutrition, particularly, the relationship of the nutritional habits and diet with the maintenance of health and prevention of oral diseases
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.