Engineering Thermodynamics I
Universitat Politècnica de València
Area of Study
Engineering Science and Math
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS AND COURSE MATERIALS
Textbook: Cengel & Boles, Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach, 8th Ed (McGraw Hill)
Principles of engineering thermodynamics: a study of the first and second laws, entropy, ideal and real gases
• Real-substance property estimation through charts, tables and equations of state
• Applications of the energy balance to processes in closed systems and control volumes
• Applications of the entropy inequality to processes in closed systems and control volumes
• Applications of the energy balance and the entropy inequality to cyclic processes
1. ENERGY AND ENERGY TRANSFER
2. PROPERTIES OF PURE SUBSTANCES
3. ENERGY ANALYSIS OF CLOSED SYSTEMS
4. MASS AND ENERGY ANALYSIS OF CONTROL VOLUMES
6. PARTIAL EXAM 1
7. SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS
11. PARTIAL EXAM 2
12. FINAL EXAM
STUDENT LEARNING/COURSE OUTCOMES
ABET Criteria A: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.