Universitat Politècnica de València
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This course covers
1. Trigonometric functions, inverse trigonometric functions and their graphs
2. Analytic Trigonometry: Identities and conditional equations.
3. Applications of Trigonometric Functions: Solution of triangles.
4. Trigonometric form of complex numbers. DeMoivre´s theorem and nth roots.
5. Polar Coordinates. Introduction to plane vectors.
Your active participation is required. The instructor will recommend the previous reading of some sections to obtain the maximum profit of them. Also the student must develop a continuous homework to acquire the desired mathematical skills
The course is designed to a) enhance your ability to relate and deeply understand mathematical concepts and results and b) develop your ability to apply this knowledge in different fields of science and engineering through the resolution of different applied and
Exams: Two In-Class Exams (20% & 30% respectively) 35%
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.