Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Bridging Theory and Practice - Knowledge
You will be able to:
- Explain the role of marketing within the organization
- Identify the crucial elements of marketing strategy
- Use these elements to develop competitive advantage
- Analyse marketing situations and identify opportunities and threats to a company
Bridging Theory and Practice - Application
You will be able to
- Apply the central concepts of marketing to a real-world case
- Develop a marketing strategy based to gain competitive advantage in the market place
Social Professional Skills
You will be able to
- Communicate and present results from marketing analyses and formulate recommendations
Digital technologies are shaking up the marketplace, making it more and more connected, engaging and social. Therefore it is now more vital than ever for marketers to develop meaningful connections with their customers. This course is an introduction to the world of marketing, that develops around creating customer value and building long term customer relationships. The course touches upon the central aspects of marketing: understanding the company’s position in the marketplace, understanding the needs and wants of possible customers, deciding which customers to serve and how to establish and maintain a long term relationship. Next to these strategic elements, the course focuses on the key elements of the marketing mix (i.e., tactical marketing tools): which products need to be offered (Product)?; what is the best pricing strategy (Price)?; what is the right communication to reach the customers (Promotion), and through which channel (Place)?
TYPE OF ASSESSMENT
Interim test – Individual assessment
Final exam – Individual assessment
Tutorials – Group assessment
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.