Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina
Area of Study
Dance, Music Performance
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits1
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
The course will introduce students to the practice of Capoeira, and will cover:
- Methodology, prescription, control and evaluation of capoeira as physical activity.
- The historical trajectory of Capoeira.
- Capoeira characteristics and norms.
- Gymnastic fundamentals of Capoeira.
- Instrumentation and chants.
- Ways of playing Capoeira.
- Capoeira Demonstration
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations