Universidad del Norte
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
DESCRIPTION ? COURSE CATALOG
In this course the fundamental concepts related to Artificial Intelligence are studied, starting from the definition of AI and the concept of Intelligent Agent. It also studies: problem solving, knowledge and reasoning, planning, knowledge and reasoning with uncertainty, learning.
BIBLIOGRAPHICAL REFERENCES: text book, other supplemental materials
Artificial Intelligence: A modern approach RUSSELL, S., NORVIG, P.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- To explain the concepts related to Intelligent Agents.
- To design intelligent agents starting from a formal representation of the agent?s environment and the function that the agent should perform in its environment.
- To design and to implement Intelligent Agents to: solve problems using search, solve constrain satisfaction problems, solve game problems, solve problems based on propositional logic, and solve problems based on first order logic.
- To explain the fundamental concepts related to Neural Networks.
- To explain the fundamental concepts related to Genetic Algorithms.
- To explain the fundamental concepts related to Fuzzy Inference Systems.
- Intelligent Agents
- Problem Solving using Search
- Informed Search and Exploration
- Constrain Satisfaction Problems
- Logic Agents
- First Order Logic
- First Order Logic Inference
- Knowledge Representation
- Genetic Algorithms
- Neural Networks
- Fuzzy Inference Systems