Principles of Economics
Universidad del Norte
Area of Study
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
This course studies the fundamental elements of economic analysis related to it's character as a valuable tool daily decision making in any professional area. During the course students will be introduced to some of the principal areas of economic work and will follow theoretical-practical scheme.
Description of the course
This course studies the fundamental elements of economic analysis related to it's character as a valuable tool daily decision making in any professional area. During the course students will be introduced to some of the principal areas of economic work and will follow theoretical- ractical scheme.
The study of economic analysis is important for any professional in two orders of ideas. In the first, an accurate knowledge of the socio-economic environment and how it reacts to circumstances is a fundamental part for proper exercise of citizenship. In this sense protocols provides economic reading of the facts that streamline the work and performance of any society.
Secondly, the economic analysis is an added value to job performance, regardless of discipline, because it increases the range tools usable by professionals in a globalized environment.
Skill to develop
Basic Institutional skills
Institutional Core Competency: Systems Thinking
Professional Competence: Critical Thinking
Results of the program
This Course will focus on:
After finishing the course, students will be able to describe the elements and relationships of a market economic system and objectively assess the global, national and regional economic performance.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Knowledge (to understand): Understand the basic principles of the economic system and its relationship with other components of the societal system.
- Skills (know how): objectively assess the global, national and regional economic performance Attitudes (how to be): Assume more responsibility his/her role as a citizen recognizing the importance of the economy in their daily actions.
Methodological options- Learning Activities
The corresponding two-hour class session takes place essentially as directed by the Chair Keynote lecturer.
- Within the complementary class students will have a closer interaction with the assistant teacher. This session workshops that complement the issues discussed in the keynote will be developed.
- In additional controls reading session conducted at the discretion of the teacher.
- Multiple-choice written exam (2) -50%
- Multiple-choice final exam - 30%
- Activities and dynamics of complementary session - 20%