Queensland University of Technology
Area of Study
Biomedical Sciences, Human Biology
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4 - 6
Hours & Credits
OverviewThis unit includes basic concepts of anatomy: an overview of the structure of cells, body tissues, and body systems; aspects of surface anatomy which are relevant to human movement; musculoskeletal systems.Learning OutcomesOn completion of this unit, you should be able to:
- use appropriate anatomical terminology to describe an extensive range of normal human structures on anatomical models and histological preparations.
- demonstrate knowledge of the structural organisation of the human body from the level of molecules to the organism level.
- describe the basic osteology, arthrology and myology of the human body.
- demonstrate competency with the basic techniques of light microscopy.
- identify and describe the anatomy of the major organ systems and correlate structure with the basic functions of each of these systems.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.