Introduction to Chemistry
Gold Coast, Australia
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5 - 6
Hours & Credits
This subject introduces students to the fundamentals of chemistry as they apply to the health and biomedical sciences. The subject includes the essential components of inorganic, physical and organic chemistry with an emphasis on the understanding and application of principles and processes.
1. Understand the scientific model and its importance in chemistry.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the laws, theories, and definitions relevant to the subject.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts and principles relevant to the subject.
4. Have the ability to use the language of chemistry appropriately. eg. symbols, formulae, equations, general terminology.
5. Apply developed knowledge and understanding to problems requiring written, qualitative explanation.
6. Solve relevant mathematical problems.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.