Gold Coast, Australia
Area of Study
Behavioral Science, Business Management, Entrepreneurial Management, Management Science
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5 - 6
Hours & Credits
To learn about the behaviour of people in organisations by examining theory, research, and managerial practice in areas such as leadership, group dynamics, conflict resolution, motivation, and individual differences. To increase management skills via a semester-long group project. To integrate personal experiences and learning from the group project with relevant theory in order to develop a useful framework for understanding human behaviour in organisations and becoming more effective members and managers of organisations.
1. Apply knowledge of group processes to develop and participate in teams, analyse and evaluate group dynamics to improve individual and collective performance in a team context.
2. Apply knowledge of leadership principles and processes to explain and enact effective leader and follower behaviours.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of individual differences (i.e., culture, values, personality, attitudes & perceptions) to anticipate, recognise, and resolve interpersonal issues.
4. Apply theories of motivation to analyse situations and implement actions to maximize individual and collective outcomes.
5. Apply knowledge of decision making and problem solving models and techniques to implement effective approaches for individual and group decisions.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.