Gold Coast, Australia
Area of Study
Taught In English
IBUS12-250 - International Business AND MGMT13-307 - Concepts of Strategy AND a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5 - 6
Hours & Credits
This subject introduces students to the fundamental concepts, tools and techniques of consulting practice.
Students integrate and apply existing knowledge and skills to diagnose complex business situations and to plan and implement consulting assignments. The subject also teaches students about client management and how to deal with ethical issues. Students develop their strategic decision-making skills by working on real-life projects to provide high-level strategic solutions to business challenges.
1. Describe and explain major approaches to management consulting.
2. Apply appropriate tools and techniques to diagnose complex business challenges.
3. Plan and implement effective consulting assignments.
4. Consider the liability and ethical issues involved in consultancy work.
5. Organise and communicate effectively.