Gold Coast, Australia
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5 - 6
Hours & Credits
This subject provides students with the opportunity to bring their Quantitative Mathematics skills up to a standard that is required for future Business subjects at Bond University. It also provides new material that is essential to the understanding of business-related problems. Topics that are covered in this subject include: factorisation of expressions; solving equations (linear, quadratic and exponential) and inequations; properties of functions (including straight line, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic); vector and matrix algebra.Learning Objectives1. Recognise and manipulate a variety of algebraic expressions.
2. Solve simple and complex algebraic equations including: linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic types.
3. Interpret and solve word-problems related to linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic models.
4. Understand and appreciate the need to solve a variety of elementary business and scientific problems via systematic processes using standard mathematical techniques.
5. Interpret solutions in the context of the problem.
6. Communicate results clearly and precisely especially in written form.
7. Estimate the values of simple calculations (sums, differences, products, quotients and square roots) without use of calculator or any other technology.