Film & TV Editing
Gold Coast, Australia
Area of Study
Film Studies, Radio/Television/Film
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5 - 6
Hours & Credits
This subject comprises the theory and practice of editing with a particular emphasis on matching image and sound with emotional tone. Students receive instruction on a range of digital editing equipment in small group and individual settings.Learning Objectives1. Critically assess and evaluate the foundational principles that guide editing decisions.
2. Analyse and evaluate varying forms of film and television editing techniques.
3. Understand and explain the various stages involved in editing film and television productions.
4. Edit film and television productions, to a competent level, using the Avid Media Composer editing software, plus compress files using Adobe Encoder, author DVDs using Adobe Encore and create basic motion graphics using Adobe After Effects.
5. Understand and explain non-linear digital post-production and film & television technology.
6. Practically demonstrate proficiency in managing project data and media files.