Film and TV Audio Production
Gold Coast, Australia
Area of Study
Film Studies, Radio/Television/Film
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5 - 6
Hours & Credits
This subject will provide students with the basic competencies required to capture and manipulate sound for radio and video production, to identify and use professionally different types of microphones, to use a range of digital recording devices, to understand room dynamics and requirements for recording and to work with sound on the AVID and Protools platforms. This is a practical course with a theoretical foundation which will give you a more professional approach to audio in future subsequent course work.
Learning Objectives1. Demonstrate an understanding of the key principals audio production for a range of film and television productions.
2. Effectively, safely and creatively operate professional standard microphones and audio mixing and recording equipment.
3. Effectively, safely and creatively operate audio post-production equipment, such as Pro-Tools.
4. Record quality audio in a variety of environments to professional standards.
5. Creatively edit, design and post produce audio for a range of audioscapes.
6. Effectively replace and synchronize audio with video images.