Advanced Management Accounting
Victoria University of Wellington
Wellington, New Zealand
Area of Study
Accounting, Financial Management
Taught In English
ACCY 001, 223
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4 - 6
Hours & Credits
An in-depth analysis of selected topics in cost and management accounting.
Course Learning Objectives
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
1. Evaluate an organisation?s strategy and associated risks using a strategy-based value chain and examine the linkages to and between strategy, processes and activities.
2. Explain the importance of strategic decision-making and the resulting implications for an organisation at the strategic, process and activity level.
3. Evaluate divisionalisation options, alternative transfer pricing systems, and performance management systems.
4. Discuss supplier and customer value and the management accounting implications of supplier and customer linkages.
5. Examine the management accounting contribution to the management of quality and sustainability.
Test 1 20%
Test 2 20%
Final Examination 60%
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Please reference fall and spring course lists as not all courses are taught during both semesters.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.