- First week.-
General history of Hispanic American Literature in the 20th Century: The trends and principal authors in poetry, narrative and essay.
- Second week.- Darío, Vallejo and Neruda
- Third week.- Arguedas, Carpentier and Rulfo
- Fourth week.- Borges and Cortázar
- Fifth week.- García Márquez and Vargas Llosa
- Sixth week.- Roberto Bolaños and the last generations.
The Professor.- Alonso Cueto (1954) has a Ph. D. from the Spanish Department at the University of Texas at Austin. He is an accomplished novelist, essayist and short story writer. He is the author of eleven books of fiction including novels and short stories. Recently, Dr. Cueto published "Valses, rajes y cortejos" an insight into some features of Peruvian popular culture.
Dr. Cueto's honors include the Anna Seghers award (from the Anna Seghers foundation in Berlin) and the fellowship for writing from the John Simon Guggenheim Foundation (2002-2003). His work can be found in various anthologies of Latin American short stories.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4