Looking to learn—or teach—a language abroad? ISA offers possibilities to gain skills in language acquisition or take courses that introduce theoretical or practical approaches to teaching ESL. Studying abroad will give you firsthand exposure to a different education system and different cultural approaches to classroom learning.
Studying abroad with ISA will also allow you to enhance your intercultural competence. An awareness of your own cultural identity and exposure to those with different worldviews will inform your future teaching practices and help foster more inclusive classrooms.
- Global Trends in Education | University of Roehampton – London, England
- Inclusive Education 2: Special Education Needs | University of Limerick – Limerick, Ireland
- Internship: Teaching English as a Foreign Language | Florence University of the Arts – The American University of Florence – Florence, Italy
- Education and Learning: A Scottish Perspective | University of Stirling – Stirling, Scotland
- Second Language Acquisition: Theory and Practice | ISA Seville Study Center – Seville, Spain
If you need help finding specific courses that you need to take abroad, fill out this course finder form and our expert advisors will be in touch with you with some program options!
What Our Students Are Saying
"Engaging in cross-cultural exchange was rewarding for both myself and the host organization. Discussing games and activities that the children and myself liked to play bridged gaps between us. We both were able to come to the realization that, despite growing up on opposite ends of the Earth, we had more similar lives than we thought!"
Benjamin G. Northwestern University
"I could not have hoped for better on-site advisors. They were always available to help with any issue that came up and they are just great people in general."
Andres R. Virginia Commonwealth University
"Don't sweat all the little details. There are people there to support you and tell you everything you need to know."
Michael M. University of San Diego
"ISA is a great program provider. I chose them both for a summer in Barcelona and fall in England. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made."
Kate S. University of Tampa
"I loved ISA and would 10/10 recommend students go through them. The on-site staff was great and the excursions provided a really nice opportunity to meet other study abroad students."
Abigail O. Grove City College