Are you looking to do more than just study during your study abroad experience? ISA offers opportunities to combine internships, service-learning, and research with your courses at many of our host universities. Earn academic credit for hands-on learning and return home with experience that you can highlight on your resume or grad school applications.
- Research Project | Universidad del Norte – Barranquilla, Colombia
- Internship: Professional and Personal Skills Development | University of Westminster – London, England
- Introduction to Scientific Research | University College Dublin – Dublin, Ireland
- Special Project: Experiential Learning in Fine Arts – Gallery Assistant | Florence University of the Arts – The American University of Florence – Florence, Italy
- Community Service Learning | Nelson Mandela University – Port Elizabeth, South Africa
If you need help finding specific courses that you need to take abroad, fill out this course finder form and our expert advisors will be in touch with you with some program options!
What Our Students Are Saying
"Engaging in cross-cultural exchange was rewarding for both myself and the host organization. Discussing games and activities that the children and myself liked to play bridged gaps between us. We both were able to come to the realization that, despite growing up on opposite ends of the Earth, we had more similar lives than we thought!"
Benjamin G. Northwestern University
"I could not have hoped for better on-site advisors. They were always available to help with any issue that came up and they are just great people in general."
Andres R. Virginia Commonwealth University
"Don't sweat all the little details. There are people there to support you and tell you everything you need to know."
Michael M. University of San Diego
"ISA is a great program provider. I chose them both for a summer in Barcelona and fall in England. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made."
Kate S. University of Tampa
"I loved ISA and would 10/10 recommend students go through them. The on-site staff was great and the excursions provided a really nice opportunity to meet other study abroad students."
Abigail O. Grove City College