The aim of the module is to provide students from abroad with the opportunity to demonstrate and develop their global citizenship through volunteer work. They will develop an understanding of current issues impacting communities in South Africa and experience this first hand through service whilst volunteering at projects in Port Elizabeth.
On completion of this module students will have:
- A theoretical understanding of, as well as practical exposure to, the face and impact of poverty in South Africa
- A broad understanding of the process and principles of community development
- The ability to apply the principles of community development while volunteering at projects
- Knowledge of and experience in building relationships to participate in the development of people
- Reflected on their theoretical and practical experiences in order to ensure they learn while providing a service.
Community Service Learning
Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Service-Learning, Social Work
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units8