This subject aims to offer a holistic vision of Operation Management in tourist accommodation establishments. We will go from the definitions of basic concepts and elements of new organizational and operational structure of an establishment, to new emerging professional profiles, as well as the competences required by the companies in the sector. Students will be able to study in depth, the operations management system of tourist accommodation companies, identify the basic functions of a manager and the different levels of management in this type of companies.
- Students must be able to collect and interpret important information (in their study field) in order to formulate judgments with reflections on important social, scientific and ethical issues.
- Have business vision.
- Analyze and evaluate tourism potential when designing products, services, and projects.
- Understand and use information technology and information management systems in tourism
- Market tourism products, services, and projects.
- Understand and implement quality standards in the processes of tourism service.
- Hospitality in the tourism industry
- Hotel Operations Management
- Rooms Division Operations
- Main ratios for hotel management
- Revenue Management in hotel establishments
- The hotel budgets
- Hotel management control: budgets and forecast
- Practical Case: business plan for an accommodation property
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3