Additional fee of 225€
DESCRIPTION AND GOALS
The course is mainly aimed at students taking Spanish III or a higher level of Spanish who wish to experience a hands-on approach to the professional area in the Spanish context. It is designed for students to get to know the structure and working procedures of a company, to develop professional skills in the area of the company, and to get acquainted with the dynamics of professional relations in the Spanish speaking world. Students will be expected to gain professional self-awareness through observation, participation, and analysis of professional activities, and through the interaction with colleagues in a work environment related to their field. It will develop in two different settings: a Spanish company, and the university, where students will be advised by the internship tutor and the course instructor, respectively.
Students with a background in areas such as:
- Technologies / ICT
- Computer Sciences
Please contact CIDE if interested in any other area to check availability of placements.
Students will need to:
- Spend approx. 8-10 hours at local company per week, where they will need to do the tasks assigned by their company tutor. The company’s work environment will be in Spanish. However, students may need to complete part of the tasks in English.
- Attend all training sessions and meetings at the university with their course instructor, and do all assigned presentations (approx. 15 hours).
- Write a logbook, which will e-mailed to the instructor on a weekly basis.
- Write a final report, to be submitted at the end of the course.
Final grades will be awarded according to the following breakdown:
- Participation in training sessions and meetings at the university: 10%
- Logbook, oral presentations and written assignments: 20%
- Final report: 30%
- Assessment report from the company: 40%
Internship in Engineering
Universidad de Deusto - Bilbao
Area of Study
Computer Science, Engineering Science and Math, Information Studies, Internship
The student must be registered for Spanish III or have an equivalent level.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units6