Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units6
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
This module equips second-language English students to apply visual, academic literacy, listening and oral skills to improve of writing.
The student should be able to:
- explain and apply the basic principles involved in analyzing a literary text;
- analyse specific short stories according to these principles;
- explain the importance of setting, character, themes and symbolism, etc, in a short story;
- write grammatically correct English;
- apply relevant academic skills.
- Introduction to literary texts.
- Study of short stories.
- Improvement in writing skills.