International Business & Economics
University of Economics, Prague
Situated within walking distance from the ISA Prague office in Prague 3, the University of Economics, Prague (UEP) is the Czech Republic's leading university in the field of management and economics. You will take classes held in the newest addition to the UEP campus featuring smart classrooms, cafeterias, conference rooms, and amphitheaters. Enjoy classes alongside fellow ISA and other visiting international students, instructed by UEP professors.
Spring 2 2020
Feb 07, 2020 - May 15, 2020
Oct 10, 2019
184 - 230 Contact Hours
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Dive deep into your business curriculum while taking classes during the International Business & Economics program at the University of Economics, Prague (UEP).
Choose from a variety of business courses focusing on international business, globalization, finance, communications, marketing, management, and more. In addition to your core classes, you will take a semester-long Czech language course designed to ease your transition into life in Prague through basic knowledge of the country's language. Classmates include ISA students as well as other visiting international student. Apart from the Czech language course, all classes are instructed in English and are taught by UEP professors.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
- You must have at least a sophomore (second year) status at your home university at the time of participation.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Program
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
184 - 230
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
12 - 15
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
18 - 22
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
- You are required to take a semester-long Beginning Czech Language course.
- In addition to the Beginning Czech Intensive Language Course, you can choose 3-4 semester-long courses from the list below.
- Students may only choose one of the following two courses due to the similarity in course content: International Management and International Strategy
- Students may only choose one of the following two courses due to the similarity in course content: Product Brand Marketing and International Marketing Communications
- You are required to select alternate courses in the event of top course choices conflicting on the timetable, course cancellations, or registration issues.
- You should get your alternate courses pre-approved by your academic advisor.
- ISA recommends 12-15 U.S. semester credits (3 U.S. semester credits per class) be awarded for your program. However, transfer credits earned will be decided entirely by your home university. It is important to be in touch with your university about course approvals and transfer credit pre-departure.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, you must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by your home university.
Course Level Recommendations
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. These ISA recommendations are intended to help with the determination of course equivalencies at U.S. home institutions.
- The transcript from the University of Economics, Prague will reflect U.S. grade equivalency recommendations and U.S. semester credit recommendations. Please be in touch with your home university regarding credit transfer for this program.
select allclear all
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Support & Funding
Resident Director, Czech Republic
Assistant Resident Director/Housing Coordinator, Czech Republic
Student Services Coordinator, Czech Republic
Academic and Housing Coordinator, Czech Republic
Student Services Coordinator, Czech Republic
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, please visit the Scholarships and Grants page.View all Funding Options
Student apartments are fully furnished, and rent and utilities are included in the program price. The apartments are speckled throughout the city of Prague, rather than all in one building, and are either within walking distance of campus or near public transportation lines. Apartments typically house 2-4 ISA students of the same gender, and bedrooms are double occupancy. Apartments are equipped with basic kitchen supplies, a clothes washing machine, and drying racks (no dryers). Meals are not included.
You will pay a $500 refundable security deposit if living in this ISA housing option. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the event of damage to property, or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount
Students attending programs at the University of Economics, Prague have the option to choose to live in the student dorms. The dormitory is located 20 minutes away by tram ride from the university. ISA students will live around local Czech students, as well as international students and other ISA students who have also opted to live in the dorm. The dormitory hall is comprised of double-bed rooms in 2-room units with a shared kitchen and living space in each unit. Students may select to have a single- or double-occupancy room (double-occupancy rooms receive a $500 discount on the program price). Meals are not included, and laundry facilities in the building can be used for an additional cost.
You will pay a $500 refundable security deposit if living in this ISA housing option. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the event of damage to property, or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
ISA excursions allow you to explore the unique, enticing, breathtaking landscape of the Czech Republic that you may not have the chance to visit on your own. While abroad, you will have the chance to go on two weekend trips and two day trips to the following destinations.
A UNESCO World Heritage site, south Bohemia's Cesky Krumlov is one of the region's prettiest towns. Made up of elegant Renaissance buildings that house charming cafés, pubs, restaurants, shops, and galleries, Cesky Krumlov is surrounded by picturesque countryside. On this day trip, you will explore the quaint town center, visit the castle, and a walk along the serine Vltava River.
Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad)
Spend the day exploring and relaxing in this peaceful spa town in west Bohemia. This small Czech town is famous for its thermal baths, which are believed to have many healing properties. Take a dip in one of the curative mineral springs and tour the unique spa architecture.
Vienna is a city dripping in culture. The city is full of museums, galleries, concert halls, and top-notch shopping. Wander through this historic-yet-modern city and discover hidden alleys and shops as street musicians play lovely Mozart tunes. Tour the beautiful gardens of the Schönbrunn Palace, visit the Hofburg Palace, and revel in the many musical and culinary delights of this worldly city.
This major metropolitan city boasts countless art galleries, numerous museums, and architecture to amaze the eyes. Completely devastated at the end of WWII, Berlin has sprung back as a bustling Mecca of young minds and hip culture. Learn lessons from the past at Checkpoint Charlie, view the colorful East Side Gallery painted on the Berlin Wall, and spend time at one of the many top-quality museums around the city.