Popular Subject Areas
The American Business School Paris
The American Business School Paris (ABSP) is located in the 10th arrondissement of Paris, near the Canal Saint Martin, an eclectic and vibrant waterway lined with student-filled cafes. The ABSP offers a number of courses taught in English, including core business courses (such as marketing, finance, management, and accounting), luxury retail management, humanities, and electives. The vast majority of courses are taught within one main building, known as the Parodi campus, while a select number of courses may be taught at the Eaubonne campus outside of Paris.
The ABSP is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) and is recognized as an eligible institution by the U.S. Department of Education.
Early Jan, 2023 - Late Jan, 2023
Oct 15, 2022
Forms and Payment Deadline
Nov 01, 2022
3 US Credits
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Study Abroad Program Description
Spend a month focusing on one business course while living in the "City of Light". This program is well-suited for you if you want to complete a course between terms at your home university or as a pre-cursor to a full semester at the American Business School Paris. All courses are taught in English by host university faculty and are taken with international and local students.
Housing between the intensive month and semester sessions is not included in the program price but may be secured at an additional cost.
Enjoy Flexibility with ISA Flex
We’ve partnered with Arizona State University (ASU) to help you overcome common study abroad challenges by adding an ASU Online course to your ISA program. With more than 2,100 courses to choose from, ISA Flex minimizes academic challenges, like major requirements and limited course options, so you can make the most of your experience abroad. Once you’ve applied, access the Flex form in your ISA Student Portal for more information on how to add this to your program and enroll in the course you need.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
To participate in this program, you must be 18 years of age or older.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Meals and Laundry Service
Bridging Cultures Orientation
ISA Discovery Model
Professional Development Toolbox
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
- The course list below indicates the proposed courses for the upcoming semester. The host university has not yet confirmed the current course list at this time. This site will be updated once ISA receives the updated list of courses, along with a note notifying students of the change.
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
- Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or prerequisites.
- You are required to select 2 alternate courses in the event of your top choices conflicting on the timetable, course cancellations, or registration issues.
- Requests for more detailed sample syllabi can be made to the ISA Paris Site Specialist.
- Credits earned vary according to the policies of your home instituty. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, you must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by your home university, for the duration of the program.
- The transcript from the American Business School Paris will reflect U.S. semester credits for each course listed below. Please be in touch with your U.S. University regarding credit transfer for this program
ISA Course Level Recommendation
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. Please note that the course level recommendations are based on the host university course level recommendations and course codes and are only recommendations. Course codes at the American Business School Paris are set according to the lower division (100 - 240: Freshman/Sophomore classes) and upper division (300 - 450: Junior/Senior classes) pedagogical classification. These ISA recommendations are intended to facilitate the determination of course equivalencies by advisers and credential evaluators at your home university.
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
Wondering how you’ll fund your program? ISA’s got you covered! If you receive financial aid for your home university, you will likely be able to use those funds for study abroad too. The first step is usually speaking with your home university. Check out the steps for using financial aid here.
Need to know how much to budget for a term abroad? Take a look at the additional expenses you might expect, depending on your program.
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. We offer over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, visit the scholarships and grants page.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of the French lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor to Paris. Uncovering the uniqueness of your "quartier" (neighborhood) and the surrounding areas will help you to feel right at home. No matter which type of housing you choose, you will commute to class as most Parisians do, via métro. With an open and adaptable mind, the experience of living in another culture can be highly rewarding.
We strive to match your housing preferences with our available accommodations, however, housing preference requests cannot be guaranteed.
Host families are best option if you are seeking full linguistic and cultural immersion during your time abroad. Each host family has been carefully selected by ISA's resident staff in order to best accommodate your needs and to ensure a comfortable living situation. Homestays will provide breakfast seven days a week, dinner four days a week (Mon - Thurs), and laundry service once a week. Some homestays will house multiple students while others may house one. Single rooms may be guaranteed for an additional fee.
Apartments are a great housing option if you are seeking a great deal of independence during your time abroad. Apartments are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and availability is limited. Rent and utilities are included in the program price, and each apartment is fully furnished. The apartments are speckled throughout the city of Paris, and they are generally comprised of shared rooms. Meals and laundry service are not included.
You will pay a $500 refundable security deposit if living in this ISA housing option. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the event of damage to property, or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
Housing is not included during the winter break and/or the break between the fall and spring semesters for those students completing the full academic year. Housing is also not included between intensive month sessions and the academic semesters. Please contact your ISA Site Specialist if you would like to add ISA housing for an additional cost during these periods.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
Excursions are not included in this session, however, while you are abroad, you will have the opportunity to take part in cultural activities offered by the ISA resident staff.
Cultural Activities in Paris
The ISA on-site team encourages you to explore the city and culture of Paris. The team facilitates this by offering a robust calendar of events that showcases what makes Paris special. These activities vary each term, and previous offerings have included cooking classes, a night at the Opera, a "How to become Parisian in one hour" comedy show, tea at the Grande Mosquee de Paris, and museum visits (Louvre, Orsay, Pompidou, etc.).