Cognitive Computing with IBM Watson
The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
CS 1070 Introduction to Information Systems
ITC 2188 Introduction to Programming - OR -
CS2179 Business Information Systems
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Natural Language Processing with IBM Watson Platform; Business Intelligence; Question answering; Unstructured Information Processing;
This course introduces students to IBM Watson platform, an artificially intelligent computer system capable of answering questions posed in natural language, developed in IBM's Deep QA project. The course will cover topics specifically on the Watson system, as well as on more general topics that are relevant to these technologies. Students will have the opportunity to work in teams and develop projects using Watson. The course is suitable for students following the IT or MIS majors as well as students from other disciplines.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1) Make use of Watson platform and its underlying technologies for natural language processing and question answering in particular.
2) Build a training corpus for Watson.
3) Evaluate the results produced by Watson.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
• Classroom lectures, discussions, online tutorials, laboratory practical sessions and problem solving.
• Office hours held by the instructor to provide further assistance to students.
• Use of the Blackboard learning platform to further support communication, by posting lecture notes, assignment instruction, timely announcements, and online submission of assignments