Strategic and Operational Marketing
Universidad de Barcelona
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
The subject introduces the student to the main concepts of Marketing, paying special attention to the market and the environment from a customer-oriented perspective. Segmentation and positioning strategies are explained too. All the marketing stages are presented: the analytical stage, the strategic stage and an introduction to the marketing mix techniques: product, price, distribution and communication, within the operational stage.
The subject of Strategic and Operational marketing will allow students to learn the theories and basic concepts of tourism marketing such as, market, segmentation and positioning and will also allow them to understand the importance of customer orientation in decision making. In addition, it will enable students to perform analysis and diagnosis of marketing situations: SWOT, PESTEL, product / service analysis, pricing, etc.
KEY WORDS: marketing, consumer behavior, SWOT, PESTEL.
- Students must be able to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialized and non-specialized audiences.
- Have business vision.
- Be customer-oriented
- Master the foundations of and apply scientific methodology to tourism research.
- Understand and use information technology and information management systems in tourism.
- Unit 1- What is Marketing?
- Unit 2- Company Analysis
- Unit 3- Industry Analysis
- Unit 4- Customer Journey
- Unit 5- SWOT Analysis
- Unit 6- Objectives
- Unit 7- Who is your client?
- Unit 8- Differentiation
- Unit 9- Keep growing
- Unit 10- Operational Marketing
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.