E-Commerce & Social Media Marketing
Universidad de Salamanca
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
This course is addressed to the students who want to know the characteristics of electronic commerce and its impact on business performance. Companies today have the challenge to adapt their business models to meet the new customer requirements. The development of the internet and the new information technologies opens a world of possibilities form companies to satisfy their customers' needs more effectively. Fundamentals of electronic commerce are studied in this 45 hour course. Students will learn from the basics of theory but mainly from a wide range of case studies, work projects, illustrative example and computer imulations that will illustrate the current development of the electronic commerce.
The main objective of this course is to provide a broad overview of the dynamics of electronic commerce. The emphasis is on practical learning with case studies, class and gropu discussions, hands of written projects or oral presentations among others.
Specific objectives are:
- Knowing and understanding the fundamentals of electronic commerce business
- Knowing and understanding the evolution of the electronic business and its economical, professional and social consequences
- Knowing and analyzing the different electronic business models
- Understanding the organizational change that implies an electronic business model
2. Electronic business models management
- Electronic business models
- Electronic business management
3. Online consumer behavior
4. E-commerce technology
- E-commerce technology systems
- Payment methods and security on payment transactions
5. E-commerce strategy formulation
- Customer and supplier online management
- Internet marketing strategies and performance measures
6. Online market research
- Information systems related to electronic commerce in the organizations. Online market research.
7. E-commerce marketing program formulation
8. New elements of electronic commerce: Social networks and viral marketing
- Social networking and its impact on firm performance
- Viral marketing. How to make your advertising campaign become global.
ALONSO; M (2008). El Plan de Marketing Digital, Prentice Hall
BURGOS, D.; DE-LEON, L.; (2001). Comercio Electrónico, Publicidad y Marketing en Internet. McGraw Hill.
CRUZ, A.; (2009). Marketing Electrónico para PYMES, cómo vender, promocionar y posicionarse en internet. RA-MA Editorial.
JEFFREY RAYPORT, BERNARD JAWORSKI, (2003). Introduction to e-Commerce, McGraw Hill.
LAUDON, K.C Y CAROL GUERCIO (2009). E-commerce. Business, technology, society. 8ED, Editorial Pearson
LIBEROS, EDUARDO; GARCÍA DEL POYO, RAFAEL; GIL RABADÁN, JUAN; MERINO, JUAN ANTONIO; SOMALO, IGNACIO. (2010). El libro del Comercio Electrónico. Marketing, ESIC, 2 Edición.
RODRÍGUEZ ARDURA, INMA. (2008). Marketing.com y comercio electrónico en la sociedad de la información. Ediciones PIRÁMIDE, 3 Edición.
TURBAN, EFRAIM y KING, DAVID. (2012) Electronic commerce 2012: Global Edition., Pearson Education
VERTE (2012). El e-book fundamentos de comercio electrónico. McGraw Hill.
Course evaluation will be based upon the following scheme:
Class participation, debates, case discussions, etc. 40%
Group assignment (written and oral presentation) 20%
Final exam 40%
Additionally, at the end of the course, an attendance certificate will be issued upon a minimum attendance of 90% of the sessions.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations