Community Physiotherapy and Public Health
Universidad Católica de Valencia
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Prerequisites: Don´t have established
a. Contribute to the maintenance of health, welfare and quality of life for individuals, families and the community, considering their circumstances deontological ethical, political, social, economic, environmental and biological.
b. Clarify, resolve questions and guide patients and their families throughout the therapeutic process.
c. Direct the patient to other professionals when necessary, relationships and establish a level of cooperation with other health team members.
d. Intervene in emergency situations.
e. Opinions, reports and surveys as necessary.
f. Exercise planning, organization and management of health services, public and private, as well as advising, provide consultations and audits in the field of their expertise.
g. To practice as articulated in society, understood as a form of social participation and contribution.
- Know the factors that influence human growth and development throughout life.
- Knowing the psychological and social factors influencing the health / illness of the individual, family and community
- Know the theories of communication and interpersonal skills
- Saber learning theories applied in health education and in their own learning process throughout life
- know the factors involved in teamwork and leadership situations
- Intervening in the areas of health promotion and disease prevention. This includes, inter alia: identify social and economic factors that influence health and health care; design and conduct disease prevention and health promotion; advise on policy development and implementation of care and education in the field of physiotherapy; identify risks and risk factors; evaluate and select the users who may benefit from preventive measures; provide health education to the population in the different areas: family, school, sports, work and leisure; plan, establish and implement postures exercises and activities in prevention of health; work with services dedicated to the development of health and be a health worker; participate in education programs maternal, pediatric, geriatric, school, work, sports, adolescent sexual and special education; advise on education programs for health; design, teach and advise on the various means of prevention of functional disorders, control by physical pain, and specifically in relation to the postural hygiene, mobility loss situations and algid acute phases.
- Relate effectively with the whole multidisciplinary team. This includes: setting objectives Physiotherapy within the team; collect, listen to and value the thoughts of the rest of the multidisciplinary team to their performances; accept and respect the diversity of views of other team members; recognize the skills, abilities and knowledge of other health professionals; involvement and inclusion in the work of the team in their scientific and professional aspects and relationship with family members, interest groups and institutions; make communication and respect for the professionals the tools to overcome conflicts and interprofessional competencies.
- Incorporate scientific research and evidence-based practice and professional culture. This includes:Establish lines of research in the field of competence of the profession and to disseminate the research group; Participate in the research group of the environment; disseminate the research and its findings in the scientific and professional community; establish treatment protocols based physiotherapy practice by scientific evidence; encourage all those professional activities involving the stimulation of research in physiotherapy
- Develop own teaching function as part of professional practice. This includes: actively participate in the training of professionals Physiotherapy; participate in the development and delivery of educational programs related to physiotherapy for professionals, interdisciplinary and / or general population groups; assess the levels of knowledge, attitudes and skills themselves; participate in performance appraisal processes, in general, and especially those recertification processes established by the relevant administration
- Maintain an attitude of learning and improvement. This includes express interest and act in a constant search for information and professional development, pledging to contribute to professional development in order to improve the competence of practice and maintain the status corresponding to a regulated profession and entitled.
- Working with responsibility, which involves being able to cope with the activities of his job without close supervision
R-1 At the end of the course the student is able to analyze the concepts of health that have conditioned the concept of health throughout history and their relationship in the process of health disease.
R-2 The student knows the Spanish health system
R-3 The student understands the influence of environmental factors in the genesis of health problems in people.
R-4 The student develops sense for a critical reading on issues related to health, disease, the environment and preventing, by reading of epidemiological papers.
R-5 The student identifies concepts related to different risks, accidents and work-related illnesses
R-6 applies the methods of data analysis for the identification of health problems in the community.
R-7 identifies the factors that determine the health of populations and their demographic characteristics.
R-8 Relate concepts of epidemiology of communicable diseases and provides health promotion plans.
R-9 Know the risk factors for chronic conditions and lists preventive measures.
R-10 The student attends and participates actively in the various activities proposed in the subject.
ASSESMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
Assessment Method:Written test
LEARNING OUTCOMES MEASURES:R1, R2, R5, R6, R7, R8, R9
Assessment Method:Practical test
LEARNING OUTCOMES MEASURES:R3, R4, R5, R6, R7
Assessment Method:Directed exercises (group)
LEARNING OUTCOMES MEASURES:R1, R3, R4, R5, R8, R9, R10
Assessment Method:Attendance and participation records
LEARNING OUTCOMES MEASURES:R10
To pass the course will be required:
? Overcome with 5 (five), both the final theory test and the practical test. If one of the parties NO reaches 5 (minimum) will be suspended the two and therefore they do not account for other results. In that case the corresponding note will be issued to the suspended higher grade assessment.
? In each of the activities correction will be assessed in the use of language. Misspellings, grammatical inconsistencies and "SMS" language will mean the loss of 10% of the grade given to exercise.
1. THEORETICAL EVALUATION: Final Theory test (equivalent to 45% of the final grade). It will take place at the end of the semester through a final written test consisting of 30 multiple-choice questions (multiple choice) and four possible answers each. Correction the following formula applies: Theoretical Final Test = Aciertos- (errors / n-1) number of response alternatives being n. The passing score for the final theory test will be 2.25 on 4.5
2. PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT: Final practice test: (It will have a value of 25% of the final grade) The practical assessment will take place at the end of the semester through a written test composed of an exercise in epidemiology and / or demographics. The passing score for the practical test will be 1.25 on 25
3. INDIVIDUAL AND / OR GROUP WORK: Exercises, tests and activities in the classroom or at home: (Equivalent to 25% of the final grade). They only added to the final grade if they pass the final written test and the practical test. In order to encourage the progressive student learning and continuous evaluation of the course, various activities are specified in each teaching unit performed: reading articles, answering questionnaires, papers, online homework, etc
4. ACTIVE PARTICIPATION AND ATTENDANCE (5% of the final grade)An application in the virtual campus, in order to control the participation of students is activated. Participation will be taken into account in each of the activities through the virtual campus, class work, tutorials, etc
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.