Universidad Católica de Valencia
Area of Study
Taught In English
Having previously studied the processes of social perception, the development of attitudes, the personal attraction and the social and discriminatory influence processes, will help students to optimally understand the group processes and their characteristic phenomena.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
- To facilitate the reflection on the historical background of psychology of groups
- To understand the concept of group as well as how to approach it in social psychology
- To identify the structure and the relevant group processes as well as the main characteristics of intergroup relations.
- To be able to describe and analyze the processes of interaction, the group dynamics and the group and intergroup structure
- To experience in simulated situations, different group phenomena in traditional contexts of group psychology
- To Study the main methods used in psychology of groups.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.