Protected Areas and Recovery of Species
Universidad Católica de Valencia
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
The main goals of this course are:
- To recognize the different categories of classification of protected natural areas and their application in the natural environment.
- To understand the most important concepts and methodological strategies related to the conservation and management of protected natural spaces.
- To assess the degree of threat to habitats and species and its consequences on natural and socio-economic systems.
- To learn the general tools for the recovery of threatened species and the functioning of the species recovery centers.
- To employ legislation on habitat and species recovery.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.