ISA students have access to high-caliber courses, experienced teaching faculty, and co-curricular learning opportunities at each of our host universities and study centers. Some ISA programs offer exceptional learning experiences and are recommended for students seeking an honors experience abroad.
These ISA Honors recommendations were formulated following the framework put forth by the National Collegiate Honors Council with regards to how honors education is defined and were influenced by NCHC’s list of the hallmarks of an exemplary honors program.
Program highlights of these honors options:
- Curriculum features unique and innovative courses or seminars and provides opportunities for experiential learning and/or undergraduate research
- Host institution has a strong reputation for academic rigor and an exceptional teaching faculty to provide academic mentorship
- Small class sizes encourage more student-instructor interaction and student-led learning
- These programs undergo a regular vetting process to ensure that they continue to offer enhanced academic opportunities
These ISA programs also include:
- Exceptional language learning opportunities that allow students to gain proficiency in the language and enhance their cultural integration within their host communities
- Excursions and cultural activities organized by ISA are designed to facilitate co-curricular learning and support students’ global knowledge
- Responsive onsite staff to help students find quality extracurricular activities and opportunities in their host city
ISA offers a select number of programs where students can enroll in honors courses. These courses will be designated as honors (though the course title or course code) on the students’ transcripts.
Recommended Programs for Honors Students
While these ISA programs offer exceptional educational opportunities and/or a notable learner-centric curriculum well-suited to honors students, they are open to all ISA students.