Popular Subject Areas
International Studies, Business & Culture
Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona
Although the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona’s primary campus is outside of the city, you will be attending classes at the Sant Pau campus, which is near the Sagrada Familia. It is centrally located in Barcelona and are easily accessible by public transportation. You will be studying with other international students and will be able to choose from a wide variety of courses in Area/Cultural Studies, Business, Economics, Art History, and International Relations, most of which are taught in English. There are also several courses available in Spanish, as well as Spanish language courses. The Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona is fully accredited and recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sport (Ministerio de Educación, Cultura, y Deporte).
Summer 6 2021
May 08, 2021 - May 28, 2021
Mar 01, 2021
Forms and Payment Deadline
Mar 10, 2021
45 Contact Hours
2.75 Minimum GPA*
- This session is closed and is no longer accepting applications.
Study Abroad Program Description
Students at any language level will be eligible to take courses at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB). The UAB offers a wide variety of economics and business courses taught in English, as well as courses in culture, art, and history. You will also have the opportunity to take Spanish Language courses, or a variety of courses taught in Spanish. Courses are instructed by university faculty, and your classmates will be other international students.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.75.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
- The GPA requirement for this program is strict and students with lower than a 2.75 GPA will not be admitted to the program, per university policy. No exceptions can be made.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking student in a U.S. college or university.
- You must have completed two semesters of college in order to be accepted.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Spanish Visa Support
Meals and Laundry Service
Bridging Cultures Program
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
- Students will take one of the courses below.
- The courses below reflect the most current list of courses released by the host university. Please refer to this list when completing your pre-registration form. Also note that courses are always subject to change. Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the Barcelona Program Manager.
- There is no language requirement for this program. No student, regardless of language level, will be required to enroll in Spanish language. However, it is strongly encouraged that students enroll in language in order to fully immerse themselves in the language and culture of the area.
- Enrollment in Spanish courses is determined by the results of a language placement exam administered by the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona. Please note that your performance on the placement exam may not reflect the number of semesters of language instruction you’ve already completed at your home university. We strongly suggest that students who are trying to place into any level of language beyond true beginning prepare for the language placement exam by reviewing previous coursework.
COURSE LEVEL RECOMMENDATIONS
- Determination of course equivalencies will be done by advisors and credential evaluators at participants' U.S. home institutions.
- ISA can recommend credit equivalencies, but credit transfer is ultimately determined by the student's home university.
- The transcript from Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona will reflect ECTS and Contact Hours. Please be in touch with your home university regarding credit transfer for this program.
Support & Funding
Manuel Urí Martín
Resident Director, Spain
Cristina Canales Contador
Senior Cultural Activities Coordinator, Spain
Senior Housing Coordinator, Spain
Senior Student Care Coordinator, Spain
Senior Academic Coordinator, Spain
Student Care Services, Spain
Housing Coordinator, Spain
Academic Coordinator, Spain
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, you may visit the Scholarships and Grants page. Please note that some programs, including remote learning opportunities, are not eligible for scholarships.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will allow you the opportunity to experience aspects of the Spanish lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor. Regardless of your housing option, you will have a short commute to your university. Travel times to the various university buildings generally range between 15 and 35 minutes depending on housing and class locations. With an open and adaptable mind, the experience of living in another culture can be highly rewarding.
We strive to match your housing preferences with our available accommodations, however, housing preference requests cannot be guaranteed.
Host families are a great choice if you are seeking full linguistic and cultural immersion during your time abroad. Each host family has been carefully selected by ISA’s resident staff in order to best accommodate your needs and to ensure a comfortable living situation. Homestays will provide two meals a day and laundry service once a week. You will typically share a room with another ISA student of the same gender. Single rooms may be available for an additional fee.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
Valencia is famous for its beaches, oranges, paella, and the "City of Arts and Sciences", an eye-catching cultural complex hosting museums, performing arts, and the biggest aquarium in Europe. <span style="color: #000000;">After exploring the city, you will have the chance to enjoy a fabulous day on the beach, taking part in water sports such as paddle boarding, surfing, canoeing, etc. A 100% Mediterranean experience!</span>