Process of receiving your transcript:
- ISA students study at accredited host universities and receive an official transcript upon completion of the program.
- The transcripts are sent to ISA from the host university.
- It may take as long as 2-3 months for ISA to receive official transcripts from the host university after the completion of an ISA program. Most North American universities are accustomed to this delay; however, you should speak with your home university about potential delays before you go abroad.
- Once the transcripts arrive at ISA, the Office of Academic Records will automatically forward one official transcript to your home university, either electronically or via UPS. You would also receive a copy unless there is an outstanding balance on your account.
- Your official transcript will be accompanied by an ISA Cover Letter. The Cover Letter contains important academic information specific to your ISA program, including: translated course titles, credits/contact hours for each course, language level (if applicable), language of instruction, recommended U.S. letter grade equivalencies, and a recommended semester credit/quarter unit conversion formula.
- Your transcript copy will be accompanied by a ‘Welcome Back’ letter containing the tracking information for your transcript.
Requesting Additional Transcripts
Should you need additional transcripts sent in the future (for jobs, graduate school, etc.) you must complete an Additional Transcript Request Form (ATRF).
Students should also include any additional required forms with the ATRF (ie. LSAC, AACOMAS). If you are requesting a transcript to be sent to World Education Services (WES), an original transcript will likely be required. In this case, please contact ISA to review your options, as we will need to request the originals from abroad.
Upon receiving the ATRF and payment, ISA will send an official copy of the transcript to the location(s) designated on the student's request form. Following our transcript retention policy, in some cases, a transcript may not be available through ISA and students may be required to request the transcript directly from the host university abroad. If you have any questions about requesting additional transcripts, please contact Additional Transcript Request at firstname.lastname@example.org.