Process of receiving your transcript

  • ISA and TEAN students study at accredited host universities and receive an official transcript upon completion of the program.  
  • The transcripts are sent to ISA/TEAN by the host university or a digital transcript platform.
  • It may take as long as 2-3 months for ISA/TEAN to receive official transcripts from the host university after the completion of a program. Most North American universities are accustomed to this delay; however, you should speak with your home university about potential delays before you go abroad. 
  • Once the transcripts arrive at ISA/TEAN, the Office of Academic Records will automatically forward one official transcript to you and your home university. Whenever possible, we will transmit these documents electronically. In the event a physical mailing is required, you will be provided with the corresponding tracking information.
  • Your transcript cannot be released to you or your home university if there is an outstanding balance on your account.
  • Your official transcript will be accompanied by a Cover Letter.  The Cover Letter contains important academic information specific to your ISA/TEAN program, including: translated course titles, credits/contact hours for each course, language level (if applicable), language of instruction, recommended U.S. letter grade equivalencies, and a recommended semester credit/quarter unit conversion formula. 
  • You may follow this link to check the Status of Transcripts

Requesting Additional Transcripts

Should you need additional transcripts sent in the future (for jobs, graduate school, etc.) you must complete an Additional Transcript Request Form (ATRF).

Students should also include any additional required forms with the ATRF (ie. LSAC, AACOMAS). If you are requesting a transcript to be sent to World Education Services (WES), an original transcript will likely be required. In this case, please contact the Office of Academic Records to review your options, as we will need to request the originals from abroad.

Upon receiving the ATRF and payment, the Office of Academic Records will send an official copy of the transcript to the location(s) designated on the student's request form. Following our transcript retention policy, in some cases, a transcript may not be available through ISA/TEAN and students may be required to request the transcript directly from the host university abroad. If you have any questions about requesting additional transcripts, please contact




Please follow this link to view the Academic Records & Transcripts FAQ.


Remember that your home university will ultimately make the decision about how classes taken abroad will apply to your degree program. If you have any questions regarding transcripts, please contact the Office of Academic Records:


This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. By using the site, you consent to the placement of these cookies.

Read our Privacy Policy to learn more.