Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To gain an understanding of the role of epidemiology in population health.
1. Discuss the term epidemiology and its contribution to population health and the planning of the health service
2. Understand the uses of evidence in healthcare, and learn how to find, use and critically review it.
3. Understand the range of study designs in common use - survey, cohort, case-control, randomized controlled trial
4. Discuss the role of nutrition in population health
5. Discuss the role of epidemiology in planning of the health service