German Language 4 (Intermediate)
Dublin City University
Area of Study
German, German Culture
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This intermediate level module focuses on both productive and receptive language skills. It places a particular focus on oral, reading and research skills. Students engage in group work to produce creative pieces (e.g. presentations, short plays) that relate to aspects of the target culture(s). The module also focuses on how to use authentic texts from a variety of sources to gain insights into a specific topic. Audio-visual materials are also used in this module. Students will be guided in the use of group work and the development language-learning strategies.
1. Present orally a creative 'production' that relates to the target culture(s); this involves describing specific events and/ or issues and articulating reasons/ explanations relating to these
2. Retrieve key information on cultural or social topics from a range of different German language sources and use this information in production, referencing sources appropriately.
3. Apply a range of grammatical and lexical features appropriate for Level B1 to produce spoken and written discourse on specific themes.
4. Describe how a group project was planned and conducted indicating a degree of critical reflection.
5. Demonstrate intercultural awareness.