Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module is aimed at students, starting with knowledge of higher level leaving certificate mathematics and differential calculus, to gain a sound grasp of integral calculus. Students on the module are expected to master fundamental techniques of integral calculus through doing a substantial number of exercises. It also exposes students to applications of calculus in economics and finance, and lays the foundations for further courses in calculus, analysis, probability and statistics.
1. understand the concept of definite integral and know the basic properties of definite integrals
2. understand the concept of area of regions with curvilinear boundaries, be able to find area between curves
3. understand the concept of indefinite integral as anti-derivative
4. integrate important elementary functions, using the rules of integration
5. prove important results about the logarithm, exponential, and trigonometric functions
6. apply their knowledge of integration to solve real world problems in economics and finance