Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To provide students with knowledge of what neuropsychology and neuropsychological practice is and which areas of psychological and medical practice can be informed by neuropsychology. To inform students of various neurodegenerative and neurological disorders and difficulties, their psychological effects, and the link with psychological intervention.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the anatomy and processes of a healthy brain and the central nervous system.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the different types of damage, both acquired brain injury and neurological diseases.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the neuropsychological assessment of neurological deficits.
4. Discuss the link between neurological disorders and therapeutic practice.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the profession of clinical neuropsychology.