Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To introduce students to the issues involved in the mechanical design and modelling and control of robotic manipulators
1. Describe the various components of robotic manipulators
2. Define object location mathematically in three dimensions.
3. Model end-effector position, velocity and acceleration for standard robotic arms.
4. Calculate the forces and torques in manipulator joints
5. Describe typical control strategies used in manipulator control.