Web Application Development
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units5
Hours & Credits
Web application development is the creation and maintenance of software applications to be used on the Internet. It is performed by set of specific, specialised coders with skills in a variety of protocols, languages and frameworks. This module is intended to provide students with an in-depth knowledge of the underlying issues involved in the development of web applications. The focus is on demonstrating a number of typically (but not exclusively) Java-based technologies and how these systems can be combined to create modern web applications.
1. design and implement basic web applications through the java programming language
2. use the core building blocks for web-based systems to incrementally create web applications
3. create database structures to represent real-world entities and interact with these structures through SQL and JDBC
4. implement and demonstrate, in software, a set of technologies used in the development of modern web applications
5. explain a number of the challenges facing web application developers and provide solutions to address these issues