Academic Writing and Reading
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Creative Writing, English
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module aims to reinforce the students' ability to write cohesively, develop sound arguments, develop critical analysis and engage in independent learning. It aims to promote the use of the Harvard Referencing system whilst citing, paraphrasing and listing references. The module will examine issues regarding the identification, support and implementation of measures relating to student literacy.
1. Develop sound arguments utilising material drawn from a variety of relevant and authentic sources.
2. Cite and Reference fully a wide range of material (books/ Journals/ websites etc) - from single author or multiple authors - in-text and in list of references using the Harvard Referencing system
3. Identify, refer to, and paraphrase material and use quotations from authentic key theorists and / or practitioners in the particular fields of study
4. Display compentence in writing simple, compound and complex sentences and in writing in paragraph form
5. Demonstrate accurate, appropriate correct usage of grammar and punctuation
6. Identify, support and implement key measures relating to literacy.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.