Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
the module will provide the student with Cardiac First Responder (CRF) and Emergency First Responder (EFR) training to the standard required by the Prehospital Emergency Care Council of Ireland (PHECC)
1. discuss the importance of the pre-hospital emergency care continuum emphasising the integration of Community First Responders, Ambulance Services, Primary Care Practitioners and other Voluntary, Rescue and Auxiliary service providers and the appropriate hand over of patients.
2. outline the medicolegal issues relating to CFR and EFR
3. use the automated external defibrillator (AED)
4. perform adult, infant and child cardiopulmonaryb resuscitation (CPR)
5. perform foreign body airway obstruction relief in adult, infant and child
6. discuss the approach to dealing with general medical emergencies
7. demonstrate the proper administration of aspirin for cardiac chest pain
8. demonstate the methods of Oxygen administration, suctioning and use of an oropharyngeal airway.
9. demonstrate methods of assisting patients with self administration of specific medications within the PHECC guidelines
10. perform clinical assessment and haemorrhage control techniques
11. demonstrate correct technique for managing spinal injury
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.