Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module aims to enable students to draw on the knowledge gained to date in their engineering studies to design an Engineering product/device.
1. Produce a product design specification for an engineering design problem
2. Break down a problem into its component parts and develop concepts for each of these parts
3. Choose optimum solutions from concepts using appropiate analysis tools
4. Integrate components into a final design
5. Draft full engineering drawings and material specifications for a final design
6. Work efficiently and effectively within a team
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.