Professional Development & Lifelong Learning
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Corporate Studies, Education
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The module aims to identify frameworks for analysing and fostering opportunities for experiential and transformative learning by presenting students with relevant theoretical approaches aimed at informing current and future professional practice developing a capacity for professional self-appraisal and a means for the development and enhancement of professional competence on a life-long learning basis. Students are encouraged to think in terms of continuous professional development as the key to enhancement of professionalism facilitating reflective experiential learning in the workplace which would contribute to professional and organisational transformation. Interpreting and critically evaluating organisational cultures. Organisational cultures will be examined with the view to enhance effectiveness of organisations through training and education.
1. Identify the strategic significance of reflection in experiential learning
2. Demonstrate an ability for self-appraisal and critical thinking as means for fostering professional competence and professional development
3. Display a critical understanding of the influence of Learning Organisation Theory on organisational cultures and professional development
4. Examine how educators and trainers can become evaluators and promoters of change in organisations
5. Demonstrate an awareness of the concepts and principles of organisational transformation
6. Critically evaluate the relevance of managing education/training in a knowledge society
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.